Full, Supple Lips With Revanesse® Lips™+
What Is Revanesse® Lips™+?
Revanesse® Lips™+ is a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler that is now FDA-approved specifically for use in the lips. Patients in Canada and Europe have enjoyed the efficacy and minimal side effects of Revanesse® for 15 years, and the treatment is now available to Americans in medical aesthetic clinics across the country.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occurring component in the human body that retains moisture and is responsible for plump, young-looking skin. But this component dissipates over time and the aging process slows down the production of more, leading to thinning, wrinkled lips. This gentle yet effective filler is versatile enough that it can be used to create more fullness and definition in both top and bottom lips for natural-looking or dramatic results.
- In clinical trials, 100% of patients treated with Revanesse® Lips™+ were rated either improved, much improved, or very much improved at the 6 month post-treatment mark by their physicians. Only 76.4% of patients treated with competing products were rated the same.
- It wasn’t just physicians that rated their patients as improved after treatment with Revanesse® Lips™+. As many as 96.3% of patients reported themselves as being either improved, much improved, or very much improved at 6 months following treatment. Only 83.6% of patients treated with a different lip filler reported the same.
- In one clinical trial, Revanesse® Lips™+ produced 50% less swelling after treatment than a competing dermal filler.
- At 1 year following treatment, as many as 70% of patients still felt their lips were fuller than before the procedure. Up to 23% of these patients rated their lips as still being very much improved.
Side Effects & Contraindications
Most patients report few to no side effects after receiving Revanesse® Lips™+ treatment. The most common side effects are similar to those that occur with other lip fillers, such as redness, swelling, discomfort, bruising, and itching.
Some patients should not use Revanesse® Lips™+. Ask your physician about treatment with dermal fillers if you:
- are pregnant, breastfeeding, or plan to become pregnant or breastfeed
- have rosacea, psoriasis, or other inflammatory skin conditions
- form keloid or hypertrophic scars
- are being treated with blood thinners
- have had an allergic reaction to dermal fillers or any of the ingredients used in the filler or during application
- are less than 22 years of age
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What makes Revanesse® Lips™+ different from other kinds of lip fillers?
The formulation of Revanesse® Lips™+ is what makes this product unique for today’s market. It contains a proprietary design of perfectly spherical particles, which helps to create full, beautiful lips without lumps or bumps. The mixture is especially homogenous compared to other similar products, meaning that the hyaluronic acid suspension is extremely well-blended and smooth. The results are unmatched evenness and uniformity.
Does treatment with Revanesse® Lips™+ hurt?
Dermal fillers are typically well-tolerated by patients regardless of brand and pre-procedure comfort treatments like topical lidocaine can make your appointment easier.
Revanesse® Lips™+ is an ideal treatment for patients concerned about discomfort – in clinical studies, fewer patients receiving Revanesse® reported pain during treatment than patients receiving other types of lip filler. This is thought to be due to the uniquely smooth formulation that requires less product to achieve desired results.
How long will it take to recover from treatment with Revanesse® Lips™+?
While all dermal fillers generally have very little downtime, Revanesse® Lips™+ offers an especially easy healing period. Over 98% of patients receiving Revanesse® reported little to no swelling after treatment and there were no product-related adverse effects recorded during the studies.
How long will it take to notice results after treatment with Revanesse® Lips™+?
Most patients leave the office feeling noticeable results. Final results are visible within 2 to 4 weeks following the procedure.
Book Your Appointment At the Elizabeth Roche, MD MedSpa
The Elizabeth Roche, MD MedSpa is excited to offer Revanesse® Lips™+ treatment to our valued patients. Contact my office today to learn more about this revolutionary new lip filler or to book your consultation appointment to find out if this treatment is right for you. Call now by dialing 201-505-1020.