Acne is a common and stubborn skin condition that can greatly affect a person’s self-esteem. Aside from topical medications and prescription pills, what can you do to improve your complexion and reduce breakouts? You’ll be delighted to know that our practice offers an array of treatments that can help make your skin look clearer by reducing the acne breakouts.
What Treatments Can Help Your Acne?
There are quite a few procedures available that can fight your acne. These options are geared towards ridding your skin of acne-causing bacteria, dirt, and oil. The end goal is to give you a better complexion that is clear, healthy, and smooth. Here are the most popular and effective treatments our office offers patients with acne:
- Clarifying Hydrafacial-MD – This premium “skin-type” specific Hydrafacial will correct your skin issues through a series of steps specifically designed for acneic skin. You can read more about the Hydrafacial by clicking here. When used to correct acne, the first step of the Clarifying Hydrafacial-MD procedure uses specific ingredients to cleanse and gently peel the dead skin. Step 2 involves extractions by suctioning followed by hydration of the skin. The third and final step infuses serums that reduce the breakouts using Blue LED lights. The Clarifying Hydrafacial-MD is ideal for mild to moderate acne breakouts and can be done on a monthly basis.
- Microdermabrasion— This procedure uses a multi-port handpiece which exfoliates the skin using tiny crystals that are expelled out of one port and at the same time, the suction port removes the dead skin that clogs your pores. Microdermabrasion works best for patients with mild to moderate acne and when done on a consistent basis.
- Chemical peels—This procedure uses acids of various strengths to clean the top layer of your skin and to reveal the smooth and healthy skin beneath. Our Eliminé Peel is our customized peel specifically formulated for our patients who have acne. Click here for more information about our chemical peels.
- Laser Treatments— Our Sciton Laser offers several platforms of laser technology to combat oil glands, bacteria and post break out scarring. The laser wavelength will target different causes of for your breakouts. These treatments are best done in a series of 6 treatments scheduled every two weeks until control is achieved, at which time maintenance treatments are done every 6 weeks to 3 months depending on the condition of your skin. There is little to no downtime with this treatment. Click here to learn more about the Acne Laser Treatments.
- Products – A comprehensive and easy regimen of products, designed to combat your acne without leaving your skin dry, is here! Using our Elizabeth Roche MD private label line, in addition to our office procedures, will result in healthy clearer skin. We recommend starting with our Clarifying Cleanser twice a day. It is a medicated cleansing foam which contains 2% salicylic acid combined with glycolic acid for oily and acne prone skin. This cleansing step is followed by daily use of the Clarify pads. The solution in theses pads contains a triad of three low percentage gentle acids; salicylic, glycolic and lactic, in conjunction with a skin conditioning peptide so your skin is not over stripped. During the day our Clarifying Hydrator serum is the perfect moisturizer for combination or oily skin. It is 100% oil free and contains oligopeptide-10, a new short chain peptide which makes this serum an elegant and non-comedogenic and it is fragrance and preservative free as well. Always wear sunscreen during the day and our Solar Eclipse Sheer is the perfect finish. In the evening after cleansing, we recommend using our Retinol 50 serum every other night followed by Clarifying Hydrator for rehydration of your skin to prevent dryness.
- Vitamins – Acne can be a sign of an imbalance, or lack of, the proper vitamins and minerals. Patients found that incorporating VitaMedica – Healthy Skin Formula vitamins into their daily routine, helps support a clear complexion. It is indicated for patients with mild to moderate acne, aged 12 years or older and provides internal skin care by enhancing the body’s natural systems for repairing, and healing. Healthy Skin Formula contains vitamin A and a natural mix of carotenoid blend which reduces sebum production and the build up of keratinocytes in the follicle. Other important ingredients include trace minerals such as zinc, chromium, bromelain and selenium, as well as the herbal compounds of burdock, Oregon grape, dandelion, and yellow dock, all known for their potent skin and blood cleansing properties to detoxify the skin.
Which Acne Treatments Are Right for You?
Our acne treatments can be an excellent way to get the clear, glowing skin that you’ve always wanted. Make an appointment with Dr. Elizabeth Roche today by calling 201-505-1020 to see if our treatments may help you achieve your goal.