One of the most common signs of getting older are fine lines and wrinkles on the neck and chest. However, there are cosmetic interventions that can deliver more dramatic results in correcting existing wrinkles and help you look your best. Here are the most common cosmetic procedures offered.
- Dermal Fillers – Dermal fillers can smooth out wrinkles on the neck to deliver a more youthful appearance.
- Kybella® – Kybella is noninvasive procedure that reduces submental fullness in the chin and neck area
- Neck Lift — Much like a face lift, loose skin is removed to tighten the neck area.
- Ultherapy® – Ultherapy is a noninvasive ultrasound therapy that stimulates collagen production naturally to smooth out the neck and chest.
Let’s discuss in detail the innovative treatment Ultherapy. It stands out from the other treatment options because of its gentle nature and quick recovery time.
What is Ultherapy?
Ultherapy® is a noninvasive procedure that uses ultrasound technology to lift and tighten the skin on your neck and chest. When the natural effects of aging and sun damage occur, Ultherapy® can help turn back the clock with little to no recovery time. Ultherapy® has been cleared by the FDA to be a safe and effective method to tighten and smooth out aging skin, with plenty of evidence of its success seen in patients around the world. Ultherapy® is also gentler than the other noninvasive skin-tightening methods that use lasers or radio frequencies.
How Does Ultherapy® Work?
During Ultherapy®, ultrasound waves stimulate collagen production in tired and aging skin. Since plumpness and collagen are the components of youthful skin, Ultherapy® motivates their production in your skin’s lower layers. There are no injections or surgery required. Instead, everything is stimulated externally. Your skin naturally responds to the ultrasound stimuli and will produce results either immediately to about two to three months after the procedure.
What Can You Expect During Ultherapy®?
You’ll first need a consultation so you can be properly assessed. When you’re cleared for the treatment, you can then schedule an official appointment. There are generally no special pre-op preparations you need to make before your treatment.
Ultherapy® involves 4 easy steps:
- Your provider cleans your skin.
- Gel is applied on the desired areas.
- Your provider examines your skin with ultrasound imaging.
- Your provider then administers the treatment to the areas of need based on ultrasound imaging. You may feel a tingle each time the ultrasound is administered, which is completely normal.
There’s no recovery period after the procedure since this therapy is so gentle. A few side effects reported by patients are a slight redness, minimal swelling, or tenderness, and these usually diminish quickly.
Ultherapy® results natural looking and this is an excellent treatment option for any patient who wants little downtime after a cosmetic procedure or solid maintenance between big cosmetic procedures. Call today for your consultation to discuss your unique aesthetic goals at (201) 505-1020.